Monday, March 14, 2011

ring ring ring

a really funny thing happened this morning. really funny. and the more i think about it, the funnier it is...

so i woke up to a missed call from Julie the Social Worker. (missed because i was sleeping) the message said that she wanted to talk to me about some updates on my search. after a bit of phone-tagging i finally got Julie the Social Worker on the phone. here is how the conversation played out:

JtSW: Well, as you know, we believe we have located the correct person, and have a phone number for her.

Me: Yep.

JtSW: I just wanted to let you know how the search is going...

Me: Yep.

JtSW: Well, i have tried calling several times, but no one is answering the phone.

Me: Ok.

JtSW: i have called in the morning, daytime, at night, on the weekends. i just can't get anyone to answer.

Me: Oh, well that is genetic then. i don't answer the phone either.

JtSW: Hahaha

Me: For real, i get in so much trouble for it! i am more of a texting and facebook kind of person. it's genetic. she might never answer your calls.

then there was a bunch of blah blah blah and then we hung up. and then i started to think about the dirty dirty irony of the fact that my birthmother is not taking my calls and i started laughing really hard. it's classic. it's karma. my friends, some of you who may be reading this, are always on my case, my parents get just Pissed at me for not answering the phone...

karma. and DNA. that is what this is.

No comments: