Tuesday, February 8, 2011

cindy, you've got mail!

i wrote the letter. i wrote it, i read it, i hated it, and i sent it. there is no way for me to write that letter correctly. there is no chance that i can say in a page or two exactly the right things in exactly the right way. so i didn't. i wrote what came to mind as i considered the incredibly bizarre notion that my words would be read to the woman who birthed me and i just sent it right through the cyber-world to my amazing social worker. who will, at some point, place a phone call that will rock that poor woman's world like most of us can't imagine. i hope she is at least a little bit happy to hear from me.

my birthmother named me Julie Hope. i don't think i have included that tidbit of info on this blog yet. but that was my name for about 2 weeks. Julie Hope. i signed the letter Shelly/Julie. is that weird?

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I don't think there is ever a good way to write a letter that is going to change your entire life. Acceptance or not, this was a pretty big moment and kudos to you for completing it!

Hope things worked out! (Still working my way up the posts!)