Monday, February 7, 2011

a different kind of support

i guess what i really need is an idiot recovery support group. this is february 7, making it mathematically impossible for this to also be the second monday of the month. i don't have to go to adoption club until next monday. this is good. it felt kind of early to be joining adoption club. i received a letter from LSS today asking me to call the social worker who will be handling my case, at which point we will discuss the next step in my search. i did call her, but there was no answer. i left a message. i think it will be good for me to have had at least an initial conversation with my social worker before i sign up for the adoption clubhouse.

i've never had a social worker before. well, not that i remember at least. i guess i did at the beginning of this whole thing, but i don't really remember that. i was, after all, 2 1/2 weeks old. but now i have a social worker again. and it's weird. i DO things that are social-worky. and i facilitate support groups. now i have to go to a support group and i have to talk to someone about things that i really don't want to talk about with someone i have never met before. if she isn't willing to at least pretend we are real friends and, like, go out for a couple glasses of wine, that will surely be a deal-breaker.

T-minus one week until adoption cult.

1 comment:

phil said...

Rats! I have a dinner appointment next week and wasn't planning on going this month. Now I want to be there to say hi and lend my support.