Monday, February 14, 2011

more like it....

this pace is more my style. now it actually feels like waiting, and i am definitely okay with that. let the wondering continue! i do have a few friends who are slightly less patient and are using phrases like "pins and needles" as they wait to hear about the next step in this process. they will just have to get accustomed to sitting in quiet wonder.

now, those of you who have been paying attention might be thinking that i am preparing for adoption club tonight, but as it turns out, AC is canceled tonight. i think this is a good thing, as i was having a bit of difficulty deciding whether or not i was going to go... it is valentine's day, after all, and i was pretty worried that if i did go to the clubhouse i would be the only one there. it is hardly a club if it is me and a social worker/stranger. that is not a group or a club. that is therapy, and we have already visited my thoughts on that.

it was really nice of the social workers to call me today to tell me that it was canceled. i like a thoughtful helper.

i have to take a nap now. i am very tired. i will be back later to offer some actual thoughts.

2 comments:

Half the Mama said...

"pins and needles" may have been a bit dramatic. i suppose it is quite easy for me to be unabashedly excited about this, it having (potentially) nothing to do with me directly. although you having been born where my entire family started out since coming to america, it is still within my my very optimistic realm of hopeful expectations that we are, indeed related.
i love that you are relishing every aspect of this journey. even the excruciating parts. like waiting. and waiting. our conversations tell me that you have probably explored every possible outcome (and then some) so savoring the process seems really healthy to me. love you shelly! thanks for sharing this with me.

shelly said...

love you too, d! and i share your hope that we are somehow related to each other... it would only be right.