Tuesday, February 8, 2011

zoom zoom

well this is a cyber-quick process. all my life i have imagined the search process as something that begins sloooowly and then slows down some more for months and months until it is nearly forgotten-- or actually forgotten. this is not at all how i imagined it! i received an email from cindy about an hour ago that states: "hi Shel, your letter looks good. i will call you after i contact her."

yes, i recognize that i am the person who is setting the pace so far and that things will likely slow down significantly now, but still... this part is happening crazy fast! i talked to cindy for the first time 15 hours ago and now she is about to call my birthmother.

this is definitely the coolest thing i have ever done. even if the very last chapter is the part where cindy reads the letter to her. at least i will know that she knows how i feel about her and about my adoption. that is very important to me. most important, in fact.

and now... the waiting actually begins, or begins to end... i'm not even sure anymore...

1 comment:

phil said...

OH MY GOD!!! I'm so happy for you. I hope it goes well. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you want to talk. Or even if you just want to shoot the breeze. I hope I didn't drive you away from our other blog, but I'm so glad I checked up on you! Fingers crossed!